Search This Blog

Changi Airport, The Best Airport in the World


Finally, my last post for our Singapore and Melaka trip! I am in a hurry to finish this series because I have some more current things to write about and I felt like I was already losing my momentum. So, anyway, our last day in Singapore was Monday, the eighth day. Our flight with SilkAir is at 1PM, so we had to be at the airport by 10AM. We left our cousin's apartment at 9AM and rode Uber to the airport. We loved the Uber car we rode because it fitted all our luggage (about 12, excluding our hand carry). We arrived at the Terminal 2 of the airport in a breeze (about 20 minutes) and checked in in about 10 minutes, and passed through immigration in seconds. Silkair and Singapore. I will save up money just to be able to fly with Silkair all the time. Very efficient!









We were not anticipating such a fast check-in so we had ample of time to walk around the airport. We checked their duty-free shops. I was particularly drawn to the beauty stores and was about to spend all of my remaining money on beauty products when logic got the better of me. I just instead bought coffee and snacks at the nearby Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (SG$7.00, if I remember correctly) and I did not enjoy their coffee as much as I enjoy CBTL's coffee here in the Philippines. I loved the sandwich that I bought though. After eating, we went to the Orchid Garden at the Terminal 2 and made some colored prints at their kids' station. I am optimistic our country's airports would soon be like this -- passenger-friendly, clean, well-maintained, and spacious.




At exactly 1PM, our plane took off, and we arrived in Cebu on time. Again, full to the brim because of Silkair's food and unlimited drinks. And, this ends the Singapore + Melaka series.

No comments

Search for hotels nearby.