Search This Blog

Mt. Faber, Henderson Waves and Pasir Ris Community Center



 From Sentosa, we rode the cable car to Mt. Faber. I was adamant in going there because I learned there is another merlion there. I was hoping to see all the seven official merlions of the city-state during the visit but I was only able to see four. We got lost for a while after getting off the cable car. Turned out, we have to enter the souvenir shop. This led us to the restaurant, then to the bell of happiness, and the road to Mt. Faber. Mt. Faber is really just a hill because it was not very steep (at least in comparison to our mountains here). We found the spot almost deserted and the trees gave us a much needed respite from the heat of the sun.

  
I rang the bell for happiness -- for me and my family's happiness.


We just spent our time there sitting down, relaxing our legs, talking, and eating our snacks. I bought a bland sandwich from 7-11 in Sentosa and a small bottle of iced coffee because of its cute packaging. I spent SG$5.60 for my snacks.
After a while, when the breeze started to cool down, my cousin suggested we go to Henderson Wave. I was thinking that it would be just a short walk and was surprised to learn that it would be about a 10-minute walk from Mt. Faber. I was no longer up to it. I noticed though that the park was well-kept. It did not seem too "modern," but there were no trash, no vandalism, and no foul smell. There was a group of school girls doing having their physical education class and my cousin said she frequents the off-road trails for jogging. I want to try that next time. We finally arrived at the Henderson Wave, and it was impressive but my spirits were almost leaving me. My legs were tired.

We wanted to explore what's beyond the Henderson Wave but maybe it will be for next time. We took shelter under the shade and walked back to where the cable cars are for our last ride back to the cable car building. After pausing for a while at Vivo City to eat some more, we decided to take the bus back to Pasir Ris. It takes the same time -- 1:00 -- and by the time we arrived at the community center, we were famished due to the lackluster lunch. We just decided to take a seat and have dinner there, and that was the best dinner I've ever had in Singapore!









Most of the tourist books and blogs I read on Singapore said that I should eat where the line of people is long. And, true enough, I lined up at this turo-turo style kiosk and bought myself a cup of rice, breaded chicken (really flavorful and crispy!), and 2 vegetable side dishes. I paid SG$7.00 for this meal and it was the best meal I've ever had in Singapore. The vegetables were juicy and crunchy. We just took our time eating and people watching. That meal was a great way to cap our day.












No comments

Search for hotels nearby.